UConn HomeBanner
Controller's OFC UConn Home Faculty & Staff Campus Map Phone Directory A-Z Index


Who to Call

  • A number of Finance Departments are involved in maintaining FRS accounts. The Office of Sponsored Programs(OSP) handles mostly externally funded research or project accounts (i.e. budgeting the account at the beginning of the project, providing annual reports, closing out projects after the project end date). The Accounting Office and Budget Office split these functions for all other accounts.

  • To determine whether an account is handled by OSP or Accounting and Budget, check the Grant/Contract Flag on Screens 2 or 6. A value of G or C in this field indicates a that the account is handled by OSP.

  • The Batch Reference Scheme indicates which departments post which batches, for questions regarding individual transactions in general.

  • If the question concerns deposits, expenditures, journal entries, or questionable transactions and/or balances, call Accounting or OSP.

  • If the question concerns a specific Purchase Requisition, Purchase Order or Receiving Report, call Purchasing.

  • If the question concerns disbursements, invoices, or personal service agreements, call Accounts Payable.

  • If the question concerns cash receipts, call the Bursar's Office.

  • If you want to know which subcode to use, call Accounting.

  • For missing monthly financial reports call Carolyn McEvitt at (860)486-5887

  • If you have a problem logging on to FRS, call Carolyn McEvitt or Bruce Gerber at (860)486-5887 or 3778, respectively.
Phone List

The University of Connecticut
Office of the Controller - Financial Systems
343 Mansfield Road Unit 2112
Storrs, CT 06269-2112
Last updated: 11/21/11