- A number of Finance Departments are involved in maintaining
FRS accounts. The Office of Sponsored Programs(OSP) handles
mostly externally funded research or project accounts (i.e.
budgeting the account at the beginning of the project, providing
annual reports, closing out projects after the project end
Accounting Office and
Budget Office split these functions for all other accounts.
- To determine whether an account is handled by OSP or Accounting and
Budget, check the Grant/Contract Flag on Screens 2 or 6. A value of
G or C in this field indicates a that the account is handled by OSP.
Batch Reference Scheme indicates which departments post
which batches, for questions regarding individual transactions
- If the question concerns deposits, expenditures, journal entries,
or questionable transactions and/or balances, call Accounting or OSP.
- If the question concerns a specific Purchase Requisition, Purchase
Order or Receiving Report, call Purchasing.
- If the question concerns disbursements, invoices, or personal service
agreements, call Accounts Payable.
- If the question concerns cash receipts, call the Bursar's Office.
- If you want to know which subcode to use, call Accounting.
- For missing monthly financial reports call Carolyn McEvitt at (860)486-5887
- If you have a problem logging
on to FRS, call Carolyn McEvitt or Bruce Gerber at (860)486-5887
or 3778, respectively.